Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Storms Over Lake Michigan..

There are some magnificent storms over Lake Michigan.. Many of them stay out over the Lake and make for impressive viewing from this end of the Lake.. If Chicago disappears from the skyline out over the Lake, it's probably not a good sign, but on the other hand, our weather isn't always affected by what happens there. It's only 50 miles away.. You'd think we'd have the same weather, but we definitely don't. I was in Chicago, visiting with my cousin and sitting on a bench outside the gates of Navy Pier.. the day we got heavy rains here.. I could see the build-up of clouds high up in the atmosphere.. but Chicago got none of the weather that affected this area that day. Kinda nice, as I think of it.. I took the train into Chicago and took it back home... and had great weather that entire day.. never did experience even a drop of rain in either place.. I guess that's called "great timing"!! lol

No comments: